Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It's that time of the year again...

We began our third year at DTS this Monday. The beginning of another semester!

I started the semester both excited and scared at the same time. Excited--because I love going to class, learning from the professors, doing my assignments (yes, I'm a nerd, I know) and interacting with other students. Scared--because I know it's going to be challenging trying to find time to study with a baby (how much sleep will I actually get?).

While Derek is taking on a full load of classes (including both Greek and Hebrew, yikes!) and an internship at our church, I will be doing part-time classes. Derek will watch Evan during two of my classes, and we will have a babysitter for another period when we are both in class.

While each semester has its own share of craziness, we're thankful for the privilege of being here and being able to study God's Word. We're thankful for our teachers and role models. We're thankful for God's provision and care for us over the past two years and for all the good friends we've made on campus. We want to make the most of our time here and be thoroughly equipped before going out into the missions field.

Please pray for us:
  • For a close walk with and dependence on the Lord all throughout the semester;
  • For time management in juggling family and school;
  • For health and for getting sufficient rest;
  • For continued wisdom and strength as we parent Evan, and for Evan adapting to our school schedule and the babysitter;
  • For Derek's internship and our ministry at church (we will be resigning from the Friday night English group in Arlington and moving onto other ministries--pray for direction);
  • For direction after seminary.
Thank you for your prayers! Let us know how we can pray for you too :)

P.S. Prior to school starting we managed to sneak in a short family trip to Austin. It was Evan's first out-of-town trip and he behaved beautifully. For more pictures see our Flickr site.

Evan, the true Texan of our family, visits the state capitol

No comments: